Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States. Businesses are entrusted with all types of confidential information, and each business needs to do their part to prevent identity theft by safeguarding this information. Destroy your confidential documents in order to protect your employees, your clients or patients and yourself. Documents containing names, addresses, Social Security numbers, credit card and bank account numbers, etc. should be shredded when they are no longer needed.
Out-sourced shredding is more cost effective than in-house shredding.
Consider the savings possible when you use a professional document shredding company:
- Save on employees time to shred the paper
- Save by avoiding the cost to purchase and maintain your own shredding equipment
- Save on document preparation time – you don’t have to remove paper clips and staples
- Save on clean up time as you don’t have to clean up the dust from shredding
- Save on the cost of disposal of the shredding paper
It’s the Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act, also known as the Financial Modernization Act of 1999
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA)
- Red Flags Rule